Is Your Website ADA Compliant?
L.E.T. Group's ADA Web Accessibility Package follows the principles and guidelines of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 documentation. The WCAG defines how to make Web content more accessible to people with disabilities. Accessibility involves a wide range of disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological disabilities. Although these guidelines cover a wide range of issues, they are not able to address the needs of people with all types, degrees, and combinations of disability.
The cost of our ADA Web Accessibility Package is to evaluate your website and then perform various steps to optimize and improve your website's Accessibility compliancy. After the updates have been completed, we will provide you with a report that will outline the various modifications that were made along with notes that detail the overall Accessibility of your website.
During the website updates, we will follow the principles and guidelines provided by the WCAG. These standards are published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the main international standards organization for the Internet.
ADA Web Accessibility Package Features:
- Explore your website's current approach, understanding, and view of accessibility. Identify the key reasons for accessibility and, if needed, develop a business case.
- Test the website with validator tools like WAVE by WebAiM. Fix or improve any violations or warnings discovered by the validator tools. A report will be provided to you.
- Test the website with screen reader software, that is used by the visually impaired to visit websites.
- Fix or improve any issues that screen readers may have when accessing the website.
- Check for non-decorative images that need a descriptive alternative text for screen readers.
- Ensure that all images within the website support alternate text. Including images within the layout that must be edited in the backend, and all images that can be uploaded by the client via the LET Content Management System (CMS).
- Ensure that the website color scheme contrasts well. Provide documentation for the user to change the global color scheme.
- Ensure that the font-size is clear and legible. Provide documentation for the user to change their global font-size. All text should be aligned-left or aligned-right. All line spacing (leading) is at least a space-and-a-half within paragraphs, and paragraph spacing is at least 1.5 times larger than the line spacing.
- Ensure that all links, form inputs, buttons, etc can be toggled with the keyboard's tab key.
- Ensure that the appropriate focus CSS styling is in place to improve the experience of navigating the website with a keyboard.
- Provide an alternative to visual CAPTCHA codes, if present.
- Skip Navigation / Skip Content navigation menus are accessible when navigating the website with a keyboard.
- Ensure title tags, page headings (h1 tags), and section headings (h2 tags) are clear and informative for each page's topic.
- Ensure that the purpose of each link can be determined from the link text alone.
- Update the navigation menu functionality so that the entire menu, including dropdown menus, can be toggled with a keyboard.
- Ensure that the navigation menu is consistent throughout the website, no matter what page the user is currently on.
- Ensure that all photo slideshows or other animated elements can be easily paused or stopped.
- Remove any animated "flashing" or "blinking" elements.
- Remove all background audio or provide an option so it can be easily paused or stopped.
- Videos should provide captions if they have speech within the audio track. YouTube has an option to add captions to your videos.
- Ensure all markup has necessary semantic tags. Including ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) attributes where needed.
- Define default language in HTML tag.
- Create a Sitemap page.
- Create an Accessibility policy page that helps visitors optimize their experience on your website.
If you are interested in pricing to have the ADA Website Accessibility Package added to your website, please email at email@example.com.